This week we bring you two different positions. A digital position at Penguin perfect for anyone who has the tech skills and passion for work management and a marketing/publicity assistant at Other Press. While you’re looking, check out Folio Mag’s job website for more opportunities.
Position: Digital Workflow Assistant Manager
Location: New York City
Penguin is currently seeking a Digital Workflow Assistant Manager to assist the Manager and Vice President in all aspects of digital workflow services. This person will help with all activities related to Penguin CORE editorial software including workflow planning, software upgrades, release planning, documentation, and training strategy and delivery.
While working in a team environment, the Digital Workflow Assistant Manager will be responsible for providing training and support to editorial teams in regard to our current systems and procedures, assisting with fulfillment of font requests, participating in larger content management initiatives, and working on other special projects as assigned.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- 4 year college degree related to publishing or technology or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a publishing environment, with knowledge of overall book publishing process including editorial, design, marketing, and layout fundamentals
- Prior work experience demonstrating ability to function both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, and manage time effectively
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage frequent change, readily accommodating new projects, assignments, and technologies
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word
- Basic understanding of Mac platform and software, and ideally some experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
- Ability to travel up to 5% via airplane, train and/or car required; some overnight and/or international travel may be required
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com.
Company: Other Press
Position: Publicity & Marketing Assistant
Location: New York City
About the position:
Other Press, publisher of novels, short stories, poetry, essays, as well as timely nonfiction from around the world that represent literature at its best, seeks a Publicity/Marketing Assistant to provide day-to-day support in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment. Duties will include fulfillment of book copy requests to the media, updating publicity and marketing databases, assembling and distributing daily publicity reports & weekly meeting minutes, assisting with writing press and promotional materials, attending and assisting in the coordination of author events, researching potential blogs, and new media platforms. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional writing, communication, organizational and social media skills, attention to detail, and ability to juggle a multitude of tasks. Though duties will consist largely in assisting Publicity and Marketing efforts, we are a small and collaborative press and will require our Publicity/Marketing Assistant to support a variety of other departments when needed. Previous experience in a publishing or providing administrative support is ideal and passion to learn about book publishing is a must, in our search for a candidate to join our ambitious and growing team.
If interested in applying, please send resume and cover letter to Jessica Greer, firstname.lastname@example.org