Two editorial assistant positions available at Taylor and Francis!
Company/Publication Name: Taylor and Francis
Location: New York, NY
The Editorial Assistants in the Psychology group are responsible for maintaining all routine author communication and providing predominantly administrative support for an Editor who commissions textbooks, handbooks, professional, supplementary, and scholarly works for the psychology market, particularly in statistics and family studies and gerontology.
The Editorial Assistant will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining standard reports, forms, contracts, and files
- Extensive use and maintenance of database records
- Preparing manuscripts for transmittal to production, including checking and processing permissions and coordinating Library of Congress copyright registration
- Work with marketing, sales, and publicity departments in the US and UK offices.
- Arranging and distributing editorial reviews and book endorsements
- Completing check requests for author and series editor payments
- Training new junior members of the editorial team
Occasional duties may include convention travel, market research, and related tasks. Writing responsibilities of this position focus around e-mail correspondence rather than writing advertising copy.
Strong interest in publishing is important, as are strong organizational skills. Attention to detail is critically important and an ability to juggle several projects simultaneously is a must. Research ability and some clerical or closely related work experience a plus. Candidate must possess strong database and organizational skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Must be able to work independently and to prioritize work under pressure. A knowledge of psychology is desirable but not essential.
BA or equivalent educational experience.
For consideration for this position, please state salary history, salary requirements, the position being applied for, and the source of the advertisement.
*Only responses with salary history and salary requirements will be considered.
No phone calls please.
Please respond to: email@example.com to the attention of Jessica Flores in the Human Resources Department.
Human Resources Department
Taylor and Francis Group
711 3rd Avenue, 8th Floor, NYC 10017