The Pace University Marketing and Communications Department is looking for a Graduate Assistant!
The Marketing and Communications Graduate Assistant will assist the Creative Director and editorial and design teams with developing marketing and editorial materials (print and online) for the University—maintaining University messaging, tone, and style throughout and furthering the department and the University’s mission. As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Graduate Assistant will assist in finding new ways to communicate with the University’s target audiences in meaningful and engaging ways and provide research, writing, creative, production, and administrative support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Edit and proofread University marketing materials (enrollment materials, viewbooks, advertisements, posters, program brochures, web copy, and more)
- Edit and proofread editorial properties (The Pulse, weekly newsletter for students; Opportunitas, monthly newsletter for faculty and staff; Keeping Pace, quarterly newsletter for parents; Pace Magazine, bi-annual publication for alumni; Annual Report)
- Write regular features for editorial properties (alumni, student, and faculty profiles; events coverage; and more)
- Research school publications and Google alerts to develop monthly ‘fit to print’ column; quarterly class notes; and bi-weekly updates for story meetings
- Manage unique marketing projects from start to finish (e.g., work with Creative Director and client to identify products, editorial needs, and maintain schedule)
- Assist in University email communications (developing copy, preparing templates, maintaining mailing lists)
- Collect email statistics and web analytics for reporting and analysis; assist in identifying and implementing new ways to improve open rates/reader traffic
- Research and develop/maintain critical editorial and marketing databases and documents (Pace Pride Points, Pace in a NY Minute, Superstars Database, Around the World, Year in Review)
- Assist in reviewing and coding photo archives for editorial and marketing use
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full-time enrollment in Pace University Graduate program, ideally in Publishing, Marketing, Media and Communications, or related field
- Candidates must be able to work creatively, manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines, and have strong communications skills
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel; experience with blogging software, CMS, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to Professor Jane Kinney-Denning at firstname.lastname@example.org.