Hillsinger-Mendelson (http://hilsingermendelson.com/), one of the country’s pre-eminent literary public relations firms, is looking for an extremely motivated, web-savvy intern to assist on publicity and social media marketing campaigns for high-profile books and authors. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on, resume-building experience in the world of public relations, marketing, and book publishing.
Primary responsibilities for this internship will include:
- updating and maintaining various social media accounts;
- researching popular blogs, websites and writers for specific book projects;
- developing/maintaining online media lists and editorial calendars;
- monitoring trends/topics/opportunities online and developing ideas for new content and strategies;
- creating/writing a variety of editorial content;
- helping set up social media programs for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr;
- handling follow-up as assigned for outreach campaigns;
- and assisting with other digital media initiatives and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with a keen interest in the book publishing industry, digital media and online marketing. A passion for social media, a desire to expand upon existing digital skills, and 15-24 hours a week in availability are all requirements.
Compensation pending experience, however. We offer flexible hours.
For consideration, please complete the following steps:
1. Send a BRIEF cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and copy Professor Denning on your submission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For the subject line, write only: Internship.
3. Include links to any relevant social media accounts (Twitter, Pinterest, Digg, etc…).
4. What are you reading online? List your top ten favorite sites.