Hearst Magazines has an opening in their production department! They are looking for someone with 2+ years of related print production experience, including knowledge of web offset and rotogravure printing processes and virtual proofing. Applicants must work well with others in a collaborative effort to ensure that Hearst quality standards are understood by all.
Main responsibilities include:
- Communicate information clearly between magazine, management, printers, and ad agency production departments
- Investigate, identify, and resolve advertising and editorial inquiries and quality complaints
- On-site press checks at various printers whenever needed
- Some air travel required; valid driver’s license helpful
- Review and evaluate loose signatures for acceptable printing quality and color
- Post-production quality reviews with magazine staff
- Maintain and calibrate in-house high quality inkjet cover proofers
- Organize meetings, maintain quality review records, and print production sample files
- Review and evaluate potential problems with advertisers’ files for Ad Production staff
- Deliver editorial cover instructions to appropriate printers, and participate in pre-production cover reviews
- MAC, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Some familiarity with Impoze/Publisher’s Studio, In Design, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with SWOP and color theory
Please visit Hearst’s website to apply for this position!